- Pumpkin (500 – 600 gms)
- 1-2 Onions roughly chopped
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes (for that extra kick of heat)
- Salt for seasoning
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Water/Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Total time: 40 mins (Prep.time – 30 mins, Cook Time – 10 mins)
Calorie intake: 1 bowl=136 cal
- The first step is to heat a pan with olive oil.
- Add roughly chopped onions and toss in black peppercorns and garlic cloves. Sauté them until the aroma of the garlic infuses with the caramalized onions.
- Then add roughly chopped chunks of Pumpkin and sauté until the Pumpkin softens up a litlle.
- At this stage, you can add chilli flakes if you need to add a punch. But it is optional.
- Remove the pan from heat and let this mixture cool for a couple of minutes.
- Then grind this mixture in a food processor until it becomes a smooth puree.
- Now pour this mixture back in the pan and heat this puree. Add a little water (or vegetable stock) if you find the puree too thick.
- Add salt and oregano for seasoning.
- When the soup come to a boil, add the desired amount of heavy cream.
- Let it simmer for about 2 minutes more and take the pan off the heat.
- Serve the soup by adding a dash of cream on top or chopped parsley with a side serve of fresh croutons.