A Cauliflower dish may sound unappealing and boring. But when made in an interesting way, even a Cauliflower dish can blow your mind and tingle your tastebuds and make you crave for more. Cauliflower is a bland veggie with no distinctive taste. So its important to make it edible and lipsmackingly yummy with the appropriate ingredients.
Here is a quick fix Cauliflower dish which is an apt starter to any meal.
Prep. Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 5 to 7 mins
Cauliflower florets (Around 1 cup/ about 100 grams)
Rice flour, 1 tsp
Cornflour, 3 tsp
Tumeric powder, 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder, 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Cut the Cauliflower into small to medium sized florets.
- Dip these florets in salt water to drive out any worms, if any.
- Rise the florets with fresh water.
- Now in a bowl, add the Cauliflower florets and add rice flour, cornflour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Ensure that the flour coats all the florets well.
- Now in a pan, heat required quantity of oil for deep frying.
- Add the Cauliflower florets and cook them on medium flame till they turn golden brown.
- Serve the crispy fried Cauliflower florets with tomato sauce or green chutney.
Rice flour helps the florets to become crispy. And this dish is the perfect starter to any party and is so delicious in itself, it hardly needs any accompaniment. Happy cooking!!!