Who doesn’t love Pasta? Its my all time favourite go-to meal.
I recently experimented with Durum Wheat Pasta which is a very hard wheat but high in protein and gluten-rich. Its much healthier than whole wheat pasta.
This pasta recipe is simple, easy to make and utterly delicious.
Prep. Time: 15-20 mins
Cooking Time: 10-15 mins
250 gms Durum Wheat Pasta
1 tsp Rock Salt or regular salt
1-2 medium sized onions
1 big green/red/yellow bellpepper, diced
7-8 garlic cloves
250-300 ml Milk
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese or Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp black pepper powder or white pepper powder
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp dried oregano powder
1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil 3 cups of water and add rock salt or regular salt to it.
- Now add the Durum Wheat Pasta and let it cook for about 10-12 mins. Durum wheat pasta is hard hence you need to cook it for more minutes as compared to regular pasta.
- Turn off the flame and pour the pasta into a colander to remove all the excess water and just run the colander under cold water so that the pasta doesn’t stick together and keep it aside.
- To prepare the Alfredo sauce, put a pan on medium flame and add 1 tbsp butter and let it melt.
- Now pour milk and bring it to a boil.
- Add cheese, 2-3 grated garlic cloves, black pepper or white pepper powder, red chilli flakes, oregano powder and salt as required and mix it well till the sauce thickens up a bit. Remove the pan from flame.
- In another pan, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and saute chopped garlic cloves and sliced onions on medium flame till they turn golden.
- Add diced green/red/yellow bellpeppers or any other vegetables of your choosing like broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini or olives and saute them for another 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked pasta and the Alfredo sauce and mix all the ingredients well for another minute and remove the pan from heat.
- Durum Wheat Pasta with Alfredo Sauce is ready to eat.
One serving of Durum Wheat Pasta is very fulfilling. You can try it with Pesto, Tomato or Bechamel sauce. Happy eating!!