Vermicelli Pudding is a popular sweet dish in India made especially during celebrations and festivities. But it is so lipsmackingly delicious, you don’t need a special occasion or excuse to savour it.
250 gms broken Vermicelli
500 ml milk
2 tbsp clarified butter
3-4 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
8-10 chopped almonds
7-8 chopped cashew nuts
Prep. Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
Calorie Intake: 150 gms = 171 cal
- First, in a pan, add clarified butter and roast the vermicelli in it on medium flame until it turns golden brown. Keep stirring the vermicelli so that it doesn’t burn.
- Now pour milk in it and bring it to a boil. The milk will thicken after a few minutes of cooking.
- Add 3-4 tbsp sugar or as per your preference.
- Cardamom powder goes in next. You can also add crushed cardamom pods instead of the powder.
- Add chopped almonds, cashew nuts and raisins.
- Delicious vermicelli pudding is ready to serve.
You can eat the pudding hot or cold as I like it. When cold, the vermicelli absorbs the milk and becomes a gooey pudding. Its a treat for all sweet-tooths out there.