Eggs are super versatile. Use it in a dessert or have it scrambled, fried, soft boiled, hard boiled, pickled or as omelette, they taste great in every form.
I love using eggs with vegetables. They just tend to elevate the dish, just like the one I am sharing with you now.
Prep. Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
2 Eggs beaten
2 medium sized Onions, finely chopped
1 medium sized Tomato, finely chopped
1 medium sized Green Capsicum, thinly sliced
8-10 baby corns, chopped in halves
2 Green chillies, finely chopped
7-8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt as required
2-3 tbsp oil
Coriander leaves, few sprigs
- Add oil to a pan and when the oil turns hot, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add chopped garlic cloves, green chillies and onion and saute it till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let them sweat.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder. Mix it well.
- Add baby corn to this mix and let it cook halfway. Then add Capsicum slices. Cover the pan with a lid and let the vegetables cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now add beaten eggs and stir the mixture continuously till the consistency looks like that of scrambled eggs.
- Add salt as required, Garam masala and few sprigs of coriander leaves. Give it a thorough mix. Let it cook for another minute.
- Baby Corn, Capsicum and Scrambled Egg Veggie is ready. Garnish it with coriander leaves on top.
- You can have this dish with Indian flatbread Roti or with rice and gravy. Another option is stuffing this veggie between 2 bread slices and having it as a sandwich.
Have it whichever way you like. Eggs make everything better.